23 Aug Thai Beef Salad
• 600g Medium rare roast beef (thinly sliced)
• 1.5 Punnets cherry tomatoes, halved
• 2 Medium Lebanese cucumbers
• ¼ Spanish onion
• Small handful chopped mint
• Small handful chopped coriander
• Small handful cashews
• 300g Rice noodles, cooked
• 1/3 cup of sweet chilli
• Juice of half a lemon
• 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce (use Tamari for a wheat free version)
• 1 tsp sesame oil
- Lightly boil rice noodles until ‘al dente’. Set aside to drain.
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a cup, stir well
- Place the steak in a glass or ceramic dish. Drizzle half the dressing. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours to develop the flavours.
- Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Brush the beef with a little of the dressing mixture. Cook on grill for 2-3 minutes on each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to plate. Set aside to rest.
- Combine the noodles, tomatoes, cucumber, spanish onion, fresh mint and coriander in a bowl.
- Thinly slice the beef across the grain. Add the beef to the noodle mixture.
- Pour over the remaining dressing and gently toss to combine. Divide the salad mixture among the bowls and serve immediately.
From Our Friends at Eat Fit Food